Rapid Recovery Joint Replacement
Times have changed. Advances in technology, medicine, and pain control have created a world where joint replacement procedures can be done better, safer, and more efficiently than ever before.
For the right patient, the same-day surgical option for joint replacement exists with Overturf Orthopedics. All of our programs are physician-led and patient-centered to ensure all of your care, outcomes, and personal health needs are between you and the doctor you trust. Safety and quality are our highest priorities, and our program is based on clinical best practices and evidence-based medicine.
Ideal candidates are:
- Not overweight or obese
- In generally good physical condition
- Highly motivated
You must have an available care partner to accompany you when you attend our myJOINT Health Joint Class, be here on the day of surgery, and stay with you when you return home the same day or next day, after your surgery.
The above guidelines are general. Dr. Overturf will have his or her own criteria to determine if you’re a good candidate for Rapid Recovery Joint Replacement.
Benefits to the Patient
- Recover at home – Most patients go home the same day and are able to rest and heal in the comfort of their own home.
- Lessened risk of infection – Large, acute-care hospitals are full of sick people. Same-day surgery centers and short-stay surgical hospitals typically don’t treat patients with communicable diseases. Further, in your own home you are less likely to come in contact with someone who is sick or has been around people who may be sick.
- Faster recovery – People who are comfortable at home heal faster and do better than those who are not in their own environment.
- Reduced out-of-pocket cost – Same-day surgical centers and short-stay surgical hospitals tend to do a good job of controlling costs, and your procedure may be less expensive at our facility.
- Patient education and guidance – Every step of your joint replacement journey is guided by a dedicated, educated, and specially trained Joint Coach. This person and their experienced clinical team will help you and your care partner prepare your body, mind, and finances as you prepare for surgery in our center. He or she will ensure that you have all of the tools you need to have a good surgical outcome and experience. The Joint Coach and their team will help you get on your feet and out the door after your surgery, and closely follow you at home through frequent touch-points to ensure you’re on the very best path to a successful recovery.